Free Community Shred Day
Protect Your Identity Without Leaving Your Car
Keeping your personal information secure is a key part of protecting your identity. That’s why shredding documents with sensitive information that you no longer need is important. We host two free shred days each year and invite everyone in the Frederick community to bring up to 3 boxes of paper to shred.
Mark your calendar for the next Shred Day… May 16, 2020
Details to come.
What is a Shred Day?
Shred day is an opportunity for you to protect your identity by safely destroying old documents and items with your personal information on them. FCB Bank partners with AllShred, a local shredding company to make sure everything is destroyed properly. Shred day is free and open to the public. Everyone is invited to bring up to 3 boxes of items to shred.
What to expect
Shred day is easy and quick – you don’t even need to leave your car! You’ll drive up to the trucks and team members from FCB Bank and AllShred will help load your documents into big recycling bins. At this point, you are good to go! If you’d like to stay and watch the bin with your materials enter the shred trucks you are more than welcome to do so.
What Should I Shred?
Remember to only shred items you no longer need or are out of date. Once you determine this, a good guideline is to shred anything that has personal, financial, medical, account, or family information on it. Here are a few things to consider shredding.
- Anything with a Social Security Number
- Anything with a name, birthday, address, phone number
- Bank statements and ATM receipts
- Credit card statements and bills
- Pre-approved credit card offers and applications
- Employment pay stubs
- Old tax documents
- Medical records and bills
- Warranty documents for items you no longer own
- Address labels and return envelopes from junk mail and magazines
- Utility bills (telephone, gas, electric, water, cable, internet, etc)
- Boarding passes
- Prescription labels