From house hunter to homeowner, start your journey at FCB
Congratulations on deciding to become a homeowner! Buying your first home is an exciting time that often comes with a lot of questions. At FCB, we’ve helped a lot of families buy, build, and renovate their dream homes right here in Frederick County so we have plenty of tips and tricks to make the process easy.
About the Program - Up to $5,000 in Matching Funds
To help you get started Frederick County Bank can assist first-time homebuyers in accessing matching funds for the down payment and closing costs incurred when purchasing a home. For every $1 you contribute to your home purchase, you can receive $4 in matching funds, up to $5,000. Funding is available to qualified first-time homebuyers.*
The First Time Homebuyer Program May Be a
Good Fit for You if:
- You meet the income eligibility requirements
- Contribute at least $1,000 toward the purchase of the home
- Occupy the home as a primary residence for at least 5 years
- Complete a homebuyer education and financial literacy course specified by FHLBank Atlanta
Frederick County Bank Mortgage Loan Originators are registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry in accordance with the SAFE Act. For information on the registration process visit the NMLS Resource Center or visit the NMLS Consumer Access website to search.
- All FCB loan products are subject to underwriting and credit approval. There is no prepayment penalty for consumer loans and lines of credit.
- FCB postpones the closing costs provided the credit limit does not exceed $100,000. If the line is closed within three years of settlement, the customer must reimburse FCB for closing costs. The customer must also agree to a one-time payment of the recordation tax at settlement.
Please note: Frederick County Bank's trade area is primarily Frederick County, Maryland.
- First-time Homebuyer Product is a product of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta. Household income restrictions and other requirements apply. Please see Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta’s Affordable Housing Program Implementation Plan at www.fhlbatl.com for complete product requirements.