Frequently Asked Questions

How can I reorder checks?

If this is your first time ordering online or you've had a change of address, please call 1-301-620-1400 or visit one of our community banking offices so we can set up your online ordering profile. If you have already ordered through the Check Printing Services (CPS) portal you can order checks online through CPS: Check Printing Solutions

Why am I limited to 6 transactions per statement cycle in savings and money market accounts?

There are Federal Limits on transactions from U.S. savings and money market accounts. Transactions include checks, debit card, and point of sale (POS) transactions or pre-authorized transfers. Each transaction over the 6 transaction limit will include a $12.00 fee.

What information is needed to open a personal bank account?

  • Full name including middle initial or surnames.
  • Date of birth.
  • Street address for individual accounts. P.O. boxes are not acceptable except for Army Post Office (APO) or Fleet Post Office (FPO) boxes. If you don't have a residential address, the street address of next of kin is acceptable. 
  • Telephone number(s).
  • Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number* (TIN)

*If you have applied for but not yet received a Taxpayer Identification Number, FCB Bank will request a copy of your TIN application or SS-4 form to confirm filing. If your TIN is not received and placed in the system within 60 days of account opening, the account will be closed.

What is Proof of Identity? 

Proof of identity** in one of the following forms:

  • Driver's license
  • Passport
  • Maryland MVA non-driver ID card
  • Age of majority card from MVA
  • Military, Secret Service or IRS employee card
  • Senior residence card or invoice
  • Union card with signature
  • Voter registration card with signature
  • State or local government ID with photograph
  • Company/employer ID card with photograph and company name
  • Matricular Consular de Alta Seguridad (MCAS) card
  • School ID with photograph
  • Utility bill with name and address

If you are not a U.S. citizen, you must provide at least one of the following:

  • Passport
  • Alien identification card
  • Any other government-issued document bearing your photograph and evidencing nationality or residence

**Complete ID information is not required by law for regulated financial institutions, government agencies, municipalities or publicly traded companies with domestic operations.