When you’re building, operating or expanding your business, a loan can be an essential tool. We know that no two commercial clients are the same and the ability to customize a loan to meet your specific situation is critical. Our lenders are experienced in the Frederick community so when you’re ready to take the next step for your business, we’re ready to help!
Find the Right Solution
The right loan or line of credit can help you finance your project or improve your business workflow. Explore your borrowing options below and find what works for you. Need help? Our commercial lending team is ready to be a resource.
Conventional loans are a great source of capital for your business whether you need short-term, intermediate, or long-term funding. Conventional loan products are among the most common financial tools to help your business run efficiently, grow, and thrive.
A Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan gives business owners the chance to obtain lending with more flexibility than a conventional business loan. SBA loans often mean lower payments and better cash flow, as well as less money down and perhaps little or no collateral.
United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Loans help provide financing to rural areas. USDA loans can be useful for business and industry, building essential community facilities or making renewable energy systems or energy efficient improvements.
Conventional Loan Products
Term Loans are the solution for long-term, lump sum financing needs.
Term Loans are Great For:
- Equipment Purchases
- Most businesses require certain tools and machines to get the job done. With a term loan, you can upgrade or replace your equipment.
- Great for medical equipment, construction, agriculture, manufacturing, and small businesses
- Vehicle Purchases
- Whether you’re adding or updating your fleet or replacing your company car, a vehicle loan may be the right solution
- Leasehold Improvements
- Your space can be one of the most important things for your business. A leasehold improvements term loan can help you renovate, upgrade, or repair your location.
- Permanent Working Capital
- Finance routine expenses associated with running your business including operational needs, inventory, etc.
Lines of Credit
Business Lines of Credit are great for short-term financing and credit needs and especially useful for businesses affected by seasonal or business cycles.
Use a Line of Credit for:
- Immediate Working Capital
- Accounts Receivable
- Inventory Financing
Letters of Credit
A letter of credit is a useful instrument when a guarantee of payment or performance is required. How does it work? The bank issuing a Letter of Credit guarantees that its client’s payment to a seller will be received on time and for the correct amount. Letters of Credit can help reduce risks of buying or selling goods and services abroad.
Letters of Credit are Great For:
- Importers & Exporters
- Retail Chains
- Furniture Stores
- Law firms representing clients doing business internationally
Real Estate Loans
A Commercial Real Estate Loan may be a good option for purchasing, renovating, or refinancing owner-occupied commercial real estate. Frederick County Bank can also make construction-to-permanent loans for owner-occupied and non-owner occupied commercial properties.
Use a Real Estate Loan to:
- Relocate Your Business
- If your business needs to relocate to a new or bigger space you may be able to finance the purchase of your new location
- Renovate Your Space
- Remodel or expand your current location to make room for more employees, equipment, or inventory.
- Use the equity in your space to help finance other projects and needs
- Investment Properties
- A real estate loan can be used to purchase or repair fixer-uppers and investment properties
Small Business Administration (SBA) Loans
The Small Business Administration (SBA) is a federal agency that helps established businesses grow and new businesses get started. SBA loans are small-business loans that are guaranteed by the SBA and issued through lenders like Frederick County Bank. Because these loans are guaranteed by the government, we are able to provide you with easier qualification, different terms, and lower down payments. SBA loans are not just for new businesses; if you are an established business an SBA loan can help you grow and expand.
Use an SBA Loan to:
- Purchase Equipment or Inventory
- Purchase Commercial Real Estate
- Get Working Capital
- Refinance Debt
United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Loans
The USDA provides programs that help rural areas gain access to financing for starting and expanding businesses, building essential community facilities, and installing renewable energy systems or making energy efficiency improvements.
Use a USDA Loan for:
- Business & Industry
- Business conversion, enlargement, repair, modernization, or development
- Purchase and development of land, easements, rights-of-way, buildings, or facilities
- Equipment purchases, leasehold improvements, machinery, supplies, or inventory
- Debt refinancing when refinancing improves cash flow and creates or save jobs
- Business and industrial acquisitions when the loan will create or save jobs
- Community Facilities
- Funds can be used to purchase, construct, and/or improve essential community facilities, purchase equipment, and pay related project expenses for essential community facilities
- Essential community facilities include:
- Healthcare facilities like hospitals, medical clinics, dental clinics, nursing homes, or assisted living facilities
- Public facilities like town halls, courthouses, airport hangers, or street improvements
- Community support services such as child care centers, community centers, fairgrounds, or transitional housing
- Public Safety services like fire departments, police stations, prisons, emergency services vehicles, and public works vehicles
- Educational services like telemedicine or distance learning equipment
- Local food systems such as community gardens, food pantries, community kitchens, food banks, food hubs, or greenhouses
- Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency
- Funds can be used for the purchase, installation, and construction of renewable energy systems or energy efficiency improvements
- Renewable energy systems include:
- Biomass, geothermal, hydropower, hydrogen, small and large wind generation, small and large solar generation
- Energy efficiency improvements include:
- High-efficiency HVAC systems, insulation, lighting, cooling or refrigeration units, doors and windows, replacement of energy-inefficient equipment
Meet the Commercial Lending Team
The Commercial Lending team are experienced with the Frederick market and helping local businesses find financial solutions. Many of our team also live in the area. Come say, hello!
*All Frederick County Bank loan products are subject to underwriting and credit approval.
Please note: Frederick County Bank's trade area is primarily Frederick County, Maryland.